Ani-Bloggers Choice Anime Awards Rules For 2012
Its that time of the year again folks, the time when almost all the anime bloggers will sit down and ponder on what anime they saw throughout the year was the best. There will be top 10 lists galore and surprisingly not a single one of them will be completely identical. With that in mind it is with great pleasure that I will now announce the rules of this years ACAA , to get the one and true official list of the top 12 anime chosen by none other than your favourite anime pundits exclusively.
If you are unfamiliar with what the whole event is like take a quick look at how last years Awards fared. Without further ado here are the rules.
- Various Anime Bloggers must either submit a list of their top 12 anime that aired this year (via Emial thats Kiddemail@example.com) or better yet post the list on their blog.
- Out of the 12 anime, bloggers must then pick one show as their anime of the year.
- Only Anime Bloggers, Journalists, Podcasters and the like are allowed to participate in the voting
- All participants must notify me of their willingness to participate via twitter, Email or by leaving a comment with a trackback to their blog/show/site in order for me to keep track.
- Notifications of participation has a deadline of 30th November
- Submissions of votes have a deadline of 30th December
- Only shows that aired this year are allowed to be picked, even cross over shows. Exception to the rule is long running Shonen or Shojo shows
- Only movies that were available subbed this year can be nominated.
- It is recommended that sites or blogs with more than one reviewer or writer come to a consensus on what their sites top 12 is. This will make it easier for me to tally and more fun for the readers too.
How The Tallying Works
Each of the 12 anime selected gets one point.
The one anime selected as Show or Movie of the year gets a bonus extra point.
An Excell spreadsheet detailing all the tallying will be provided for all to download, just like last year.
Why Am I Running this Contest?
Good question. I have always had an interest in what the anime fandom as a whole thinks about the anime they watch, that is one of the reasons I started blogging about anime in the first place. Also anime fans don’t necessarily have a metacritic equivalent which whether you are a fan of or not is a rather nifty and convenient thing to have, I thought organising a one-off event like this would be the closest we could get to having something like that.
Last year was a lot of fun and I am hoping this year will be even better. We got a tonne of great anime to pick from so don’t hold back. Get the hype going on all the social media so that everyone can anticipate the final result. I know I am. #ACAA
While just sending me a list via Email is perfectly fine, posting an article with your list is highly recommended because I pull “Back of the Box” type quotes from what I consider to be the best endorsements of those particular shows.
We had about 50 participants last year lets double that this year!